Designed for non-financial managers, business owners, entrepreneurs, and other decision-makers, this advanced course will take the mystery out of money matters. Throughout this course, financial information that drives your organization, as seen on the business’s reports, will be assessed and analyzed to understand it. An understanding of this information will help you make smart decisions when it comes to budgeting, setting goals, and assessing performance within your own area of influence.
Unit 1 - Financial Strategies
- Your role in Financial Decision Making
- Understand the Language of Finance
- Read the Story: Financial Concept, Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- The Purpose of Financial Statements
Unit 2 - Financial Dashboard; Introduction to Financial Gauges
- Understand the Basic Financial Concepts
- Financial Strategies
- Financial Gauges: Your financial gauges, Profitability and Performance-based gauges
- Reading Your Financial Gauges: Research and Analysis
Unit 3 - Financial Gauges - Profitability
- Profitability Gauges: Ration Analysis, Ratios
- Sales and Pricing Strategies, Costs of Goods, Sold and Cost of Sales
- Expenses: Budget vs. Actual Analysis/Cost Management and Efficiency
Unit 4 - Financial Gauges - Performance
- Making Money: Goal of Business, Value Growth, Resources
- Assets: Tangible and Intangible and Cash
- Making the most of Liabilities and Equity
- Performance Financial Gauges
- Financial Analysis and Planning
About Your Instructor
Jodie Trana has had a career in business consulting and financial management. She then started a consulting and training organization offering educational consulting services to organizations such as the Kauffman Foundation, the largest foundation devoted to entrepreneurship. Jodie contributed the financial chapters for Kauffman’s textbooks and managed the curriculum design and facilitation process for their entrepreneurship educational programs. Her content specialties include accounting, financial analysis, business planning, cash flow analysis, and funding request analysis. Her background includes business and financial management in consulting, construction, non-profit, healthcare, and retail industries.
At the end of this course, you will:
· Know the financial implications of your daily business decisions
· Interpret and respond effectively to the organization’s financial information
· Contribute towards the organization’s profitability goals
· Make decisions that better support the financial performance of the organization
· Communicate business operations in financial terms
· Think in financial terms to better communicate with those in and outside the organization
NotesHow the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers Digital Badge - Online : Required Courses
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.