Course DescriptionLearn to identify, evaluate and control fall hazards at the workplace. This course will focus on falls to a lower level and include recognizing, analyzing and preventing fall hazards utilizing OSHA’s Fall Protection Standards. Identifying fall hazards and determining how to protect workers is the first step to abatement.
- What is a fall hazard?
- Steps to protect employees.
- Hazard identification.
- Prevention of fall-related injuries.
- Falls to the same level and falls to lower levels including ladders and stairs.
- Trip hazard prevention.
- Steps to protect employees.
- Promote your fall protection program.
- Recognize fall hazards and risks.
- Differentiate between the two types of falls.
- Apply ladder safety principles.
- Use the eight-step approach to fall protection.
- Calculate the total fall clearance distance.
Harper College is a proud recipient of the OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant which provides FREE training and education for workers and employers in workplace safety and health hazards.
Government employees are not eligible to participate due to grant regulations (Local/City/Municipality, County, State or Federal). The intended audience includes:
- Supervisors and Managers
- Employees and Workers
- Unemployed Workers who intend to re-enter the workforce
- New Businesses
- Limited English Proficiency Workers
- Low Literacy Workers
- Young Workers
- Temporary Workers
- Minority and other hard-to-reach workers
- Workers in high-hazard industries with high fatality rates
- Government Employees who are responsible for occupational safety and health duties at their agencies
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-05168-SH9 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.