LSA0002 - Introduction to Safety and Health Management for Managers and Supervisors
Each year, approximately 6,000 employees in this country die from workplace injuries while another 50,000 die from illnesses caused by exposure to workplace hazards. In this course, you will learn how to effectively implement a comprehensive safety and health management system. You will learn how to address key injury and illness prevention elements and those central issues that are critical to each element's proper management. The course structure includes interactive training and class discussion. Upon completion, you will have a better understanding and working knowledge necessary to implement successful and effective health and safety practices for your company. THIS FREE COURSE IS FOR MANAGERS/SUPERVISORS, HR AND SAFETY MANAGERS
- The costs of workplace accidents.
- Workers' Rights.
- How OSHA protects the worker.
- Cause of accidents.
- Identifying workplace hazards.
- Hazard prevention and control.
- Benefits of effective safety and health programs.
- Safety and health program elements.
- Accident investigation.
- Benefits of safety training.
• Recognize the costs of workplace accidents.
• Recognize the benefits of implementing an effective safety and health program.
• Recognize the elements of an effective safety and health program.
• Identify methods to prevent workplace hazards.
Harper College is a proud recipient of the OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant which provides FREE training and education for workers and employers in workplace safety and health hazards.
Government employees are not eligible to participate due to grant regulations (Local/City/Municipality, County, State or Federal). The intended audience includes:
- Supervisors and Managers
- Employees and Workers
- Unemployed Workers who intend to re-enter the workforce
- New Businesses
- Limited English Proficiency Workers
- Low Literacy Workers
- Young Workers
- Temporary Workers
- Minority and other hard-to-reach workers
- Workers in high-hazard industries with high fatality rates
- Government Employees who are responsible for occupational safety and health duties at their agencies
Related Course Recommendations
For Live-Online courses, students must have video capabilities to reinforce attendance and participation requirements.
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Introduction to Safety and Health Management for Managers and Supervisors : Safety Awareness Training
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.