Take away the key practices you need to develop and hone your business writing communication effectively and successfully. Get the best practices for crafting effective, professional business documents. Find out how to avoid grammatical pitfalls. And acquire business writing principles that will be good for years to come.
Writing as a Process
- Audience, Purpose, and Medium
-Outlining for Successful Writing
-Organization Models (Choosing a Model that Works)
- Principles of Business Communication
Written Communication in the Workplace
-Writing Reports (formal and informal)
-Drafting and Revision
-Writing the First Draft
-Constructing Openings and Closings that Work
Writing a Proposal
-Writing for Your Readers
-Writing Effective Content
- Safeguarding Users
Collaborative Writing and Research
-Research and Team Writing
-Collaborating Across Departments
-Working Through Conflict
About Your Instructor:
Dionne (Dee) Felix is an experienced educator, mentor, and presenter with experience in instruction, course development, and face-to-face and online education. Dee has conducted highly engaging workshops in business writing, education, and faculty and professional development. She has helped traditional and non-traditional learners transform their approach to, and success in, writing. Dee currently teaches in higher education, both the English and Education disciplines.
Learner OutcomesUpon successfully completing the course you will:
1. Recognize and avoid grammatical errors that affect successful written
2. Successfully apply effective proofreading and editing techniques to business
3. Implement techniques for improving overall writing
4. Use their knowledge of the best practices to craft effective business documents
5. Improve overall competence in business writing
1. Gain an understanding of common grammar issues that affect successful writing
2. Gain an understanding of the principles of effective writing
3. Gain an understanding of best practices for improving overall writing
4. Apply the principles of effective business writing to hone communication skills
5. Develop competence in business writing
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Business Writing Digital Badge : Business Writing Digital Badge
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.