In today’s business environment, there is a need for good project management. Project management provides visibility of project health to the business and the customer. Through continuous monitoring, early detection of variations to plan, schedule, and budget can be communicated to stakeholder for quick resolution, including project cancelation. Project management is one of the fastest paths to promotion by increasing your network through greater exposure. You will have the skills, tools and templates to confidently develop and maintain a project. An overview of salaries, certification costs, education and experience requirements are provided. We hope you will choose Project Management as a career.
Login information will be sent to your email address three days prior to the start of class.
About Your Instructor
Andy Stanhope has a Master’s of Business Administration, a Master’s of Science in Computer Systems and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over 25 years’ experience managing projects within medium and large companies, domestically and internationally.
He has managed projects in a variety of software implementations, including Oracle, SAP, and SASS applications. He now works as a senior project manager at a large aerospace corporation.
He has previously taught PMP certification preparation sessions as well as taught undergraduate project management courses in Business and IT programs.
Project Management Overview
• Project Manager’s Responsibilities & Commitment
• Certification Requirements & Costs
• Project Framework Preview
Tools & Templates
• Project Process Checklist
• Project Charter Template
• Project Plan Template
• Communications Templates
Creating a Project
• Creating a project plan and schedule in MS Project
• Creating charter and team/stakeholder matrices
• Creating Change Log
• Creating a Risk Plan
Managing the Project - Prepare a Project Status Deck
• Creating status deck (format, content, operating rhythm, etc.)
• Collecting Detail Status
• Presenting Summary Status
• Simulating project close-out & celebrate
You will have the necessary set of skills, processes, tools and templates to confidently setup, manage and close-out a project. Each student will be provide with and electronic set of:
· Tools & Templates
· All class created documents
· Instructor’s course presentation materials
· Certificate of Completion
To provide the students with:
· Experience project management by creating and managing a project
· Exposure to a basic set of tools and templates
· Process outline for managing projects
· Information to make a decision to choose project management as a career