Data Analysis is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after skills in the workplace. Companies produce vast amounts of data, but it is rare to have someone with the ability to analyze that data, see trends, and make predictions. This course will give you a basic understanding of how to analyze data in a business setting. Businesses look for candidates with an understanding of how to analyze the data they have been collecting; this course will help you start on that journey.
Login information will be sent to your email three days prior to the start of class.
Course OutlineUnit 1
- Identify sources of Data
- Discover methods of Collecting Data
- Examine Quantitative Data
- Examine Qualitative Data
- Introduction to Statistics
- Determine the Appropriate Statistical Method for use in various scenarios
- Identify methods of Sorting and Filtering Data
- Categorize Data
- Discuss Probability and the Normal Distribution
- Perform Trend Analysis
- Perform Breakeven Analysis
- Understand basic Statistical Modelling
- Design Professional-looking Tables
- Generate Effective Charts
- Create Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Compile a Dashboard for Management
Learner OutcomesCourse Outcomes
- The student will be able to distinguish between quantitative and qualitative data and give examples of a variety of sources of that data.
- The student will discover a number of different Statistical methods and identify methods of sorting, filtering and categorizing that data.
- The student will be able to compare and contrast the results of their analysis to “normal” results and be able to draw conclusions from those comparisons that are supported by the data.
- The student will be able to effectively summarize the results of their analysis and describe how these results are meaningful in a business context.
Acquire the ability to identify potential sources of data and distinguish between quantitative and qualitative data.
- Learn to identify and describe a variety of analysis tools that will assist in processing data.
- Demonstrate basic data analysis techniques and show how this analysis can contribute to a business’ future growth.
- Learn how to effectively communicate the results of your analysis.
Testimonials“It was challenging and informative. I learned a great deal in the course that can be immediately applied in my job. Thank you”-Brenda Kohl, Cincinnati, OH
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Data Analysis Digital Badge- Online : Required Courses