Get the keys to making online advertising work for you and your organization. See how pay per click advertising with Google AdWords works and find out how to test low budget Adword campaigns. Learn how you can target local audiences. Then discover Facebook advertising and how you can determine the demographics and even numbers of people you want to reach. No experience necessary. Instructor is an online ad expert and can answer advanced level questions.
Course OutlineUnit 1
The evolution of online advertising
From mass marketing to targeted marketing
The role of search in online advertising
Return on investment for online advertising
Competing effectively with online advertising
Creating Google AdWord Campaigns
Selecting your AdWord territory
Understanding pricing strategies
Creating an AdWord budget and evaluation
Improving Online Advertising Results
How SEO and online advertising complement each other
Testing keywords and related keywords
Using Traffic Estimator to improve keyword selection
Successful strategies in using online advertising
Understanding Facebook uses and users
Using demographics to target Facebook Ads
Setting up Facebook Ads
Trends and future of online advertising
About Your Instructors
Dan Belhassen is an expert in eMarketing. He does writing, training, and consulting all over North America on the topic.
He is founder of Modern Earth, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Modern Earth does a range of eMarketing for its clients, including email promotions, web site development, search engine optimization, and online advertising.
Dan spends about 3 hours a day researching eMarketing and is a popular instructor on the topic.
Susan Hurrell is an Online Marketing specialist with Modern Earth, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. She helps clients know how to connect web viewers to the products, services or information they are searching for. PPC or Facebook ads, search engine optimization and dynamic sell-copy creation are her specialties to help websites deliver measurable results in viewer conversion, and increase traffic driven by online marketing initiatives.
Learner OutcomesAt the end of the course, you will:
- Have an overall understanding of how online advertising works;
- Possess guidelines on how to create, maintain and analyze Google AdWords and Facebook Ad campaigns;
- Know how to test and improve your online advertising strategies;
- Gain the technical knowledge to utilize and analyze results using Google Adwords and Facebook Ads;
- Know how keyword variations, related keywords, language and estimated click-per-pay statistics can improve your online advertising results.
- To provide participants with an overview and understanding of online advertising functions today and its role in advertising and marketing;
- To provide participants with the practical, how-to knowledge of how to create, maintain and analyze an online advertising campaign;
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to test online advertising campaigns;
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to determine Return on Investment, pricing, and ad positions for Google Ads;
- To provide participants with an understanding of Facebook Ads, how they differ from Google Ads, and current and likely future trends in online advertising.
Testimonials"Very informative and the instructors provided a lot of feedback!" - Andrea Kehler-Kristoff
"I look forward to reviewing all of the readings and PowerPoint again since there is so much to learn!" - Sandra Strickland
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Digital Marketing Digital Badge - Online : Required Courses
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.