Discover new ways to improve your email promotions, including when and what to email, and testing email copy. Learn how to analyze your email response rates, including getting the bench marks for open rates and click through rates. Acquire ways to improve your email promotion and responses for testing and tracking. This course is suitable for users of all levels.
Course OutlineUnit 1
Why email marketing
Targeting promotions in the Internet Age
Return on Investment (ROI) for email promotions
The importance of permission marketing, relevant content, and opt-out options
Integrating email promotion with other kinds of marketing
How email works
How commercial email vendors function
Analyzing Open, click through and conversion rates
Cleaning and updating email lists
How HTML and text emails differ
Writing email copy
Writing a good subject line
Writing email body copy
Writing response and action copy
Design and formatting email promotions
Testing and tracking emails
Frequency and best times to email
How to test different emails
Following up on inquiries
Creating a one year email marketing plan
About Your Instructors
Dan Belhassen is an expert in eMarketing. He does writing, training, and consulting all over North America on the topic.
He is founder of Modern Earth, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Modern Earth does a range of eMarketing for its clients, including email promotions, web site development, search engine optimization, and online advertising.
Dan spends about 3 hours a day researching eMarketing and is a popular instructor on the topic.
Susan Hurrell is an Online Marketing specialist with Modern Earth, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. She helps clients know how to connect web viewers to the products, services or information they are searching for. PPC or Facebook ads, search engine optimization and dynamic sell-copy creation are her specialities to help websites deliver measurable results in viewer conversion, and increase traffic driven by online marketing initiatives.
Learner OutcomesAt the end of the course, you will:
- Have an overall understanding of how email promotion works and how email promotions are delivered to people;
- Possess guidelines on how to write effective email copy;
- Know how to avoid spamming people and how to target emails to those people most interested in your product or service;
- Gain the technical knowledge to understand how commercial email vendors function and how to work with a commercial email vendor to optimize email promotions;
- Know when to email, what to email, and how to analyze your email response rates, including open rates, click through rates, and conversion rates.
- To provide participants with an overview and understanding of how email promotion works and how email promotions are sent to prospective and existing customers;
- To provide participants with the practical, how-to knowledge of the best times to email, best days to email, and how to test email copy.
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to write effective email copy.
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to avoid spamming people, how to target emails to the interests of people, and how to follow up with those people interested in one’s products or services.
- To provide participants with a technical understanding of open rates, click through rates, conversion rates, how commercial email vendors function, and what data to analyze to improve one’s email promotions.
Testimonials"This was a very effective course. We have learned a lot of great ideas from this session." - Julie Schechter Nanticoke
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Digital Marketing Digital Badge - Online : Required Courses
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.