Microsoft Excel is the most widely used spreadsheet tool in the world. Keep your Excel skills current with this class, as it change with the features of Excel over time. Learn how to construct an Excel worksheet, populate it with content, and edit it for delivery in a variety of business situations. Master the options that will take your Excel worksheet from a collection of plain, drab numbers to an engaging multimedia presentation.
Note: This course is part of a Digital Badge for those who wish to earn a credential. You may register for this individual class, but if If you would like to earn the Digital Badge, register for LRN0091- Online Self-Paced Excel Digital Badge.
Course OutlineUnit 1
Excel From The Ground Up
Excel Document Creation
Advanced Features and Functionality
Excel Management and Sharing
About Your Instructor:
Betsy Flanagan is a business architect, innovator and entrepreneur. With a passion for workforce engagement, she co-founded WorkStrengths where she advises individuals on career strategy and companies on best practices in workforce management including talent management, professional development, motivation and retention strategies. Flanagan’s professional history includes founding successful startups, top corporate executive strategic advisory work, line management responsibility in startups and large organizations, innovation and change management agent, and being Investor Relations company spokesperson for a Fortune 25 company.
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of this course you will:
- Understand how to use Excel to create effective spreadsheets for use in business
- Know what the various parts of a Excel worksheet are and how to control them
- Understand how to create a Excel worksheet from scratch
- Learn how to add pictures, charts, graphs and labels to your work
- Understand what is most effective in the presentation and delivery of your Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Have created several Excel worksheets that you can use as templates for future work
- Learn how to operate Excel as a spreadsheet creation and management tool
- Understand the various kinds of spreadsheets that Excel can read and create
- Discover how various menu items, commands, settings and processes affects the look of your Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Use Excel in practical applications for every day business use
- Explore how Excel integrates with other Office modules, like Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Excel Digital Badge - Online : Required Courses
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.