Familiarize with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project. Covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with in Microsoft Project during the planning phase of a project. This course will enable you to draft a project plan with Microsoft Project and fill in and organize the details to achieve your goals. Learn to build a new project, track progress and analyze costs. Explore methods of fine tuning and troubleshooting your project plan for best results. PREREQUISITE: Some experience and competency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel®, will be useful. Finally, having a foundational knowledge of project management concepts will help prepare you for working with Microsoft Project.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
- Lesson 2: Defining a Project
- Create a New Project Plan File
- Set Project Plan Options
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Lesson 3: Adding Project Tasks
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Enter Task Duration Estimates
- Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
- Lesson 5: Managing Project Resources
- Add Resources to a Project
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
- Lesson 6: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan
- Identify project management concepts and navigate Microsoft Project Professional.
- Create a new project plan.
- Add tasks to a project.
- Manage task relationships within a project.
- Manage project resources.
- Finalize a project plan.
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Project Management Specialist Digital Badge : Required Courses