Familiarize with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project. Covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with in Microsoft Project during the planning phase of a project. This course will enable you to draft a project plan with Microsoft Project and fill in and organize the details to achieve your goals. Learn to build a new project, track progress and analyze costs. Explore methods of fine tuning and troubleshooting your project plan for best results. PREREQUISITE: Some experience and competency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel®, will be useful. Finally, having a foundational knowledge of project management concepts will help prepare you for working with Microsoft Project.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
- Lesson 2: Defining a Project
- Create a New Project Plan File
- Set Project Plan Options
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Lesson 3: Adding Project Tasks
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Enter Task Duration Estimates
- Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
- Lesson 5: Managing Project Resources
- Add Resources to a Project
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
- Lesson 6: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan
- Identify project management concepts and navigate Microsoft Project Professional.
- Create a new project plan.
- Add tasks to a project.
- Manage task relationships within a project.
- Manage project resources.
- Finalize a project plan.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.