Bring your ideas to life and leave a lasting impression with Microsoft PowerPoint. Master the tools and techniques that turn humdrum slides into dynamic presentations that will captivate your audience. With hands-on practice and real-world examples, learn design principles and multimedia elements such as images, videos, and charts that elevate you to the next level.
Acquire critical know-how to deliver your presentations with confidence and ease. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned user, you'll find new ways to work smarter, not harder. You'll leave class with in-demand skills and the ability to create professional, visually appealing presentations that will engage your audience and help you stand out.
Unit 1 - PowerPoint Overview
- Why businesses use PowerPoint for presentations
- Launch PowerPoint and create your first PowerPoint presentation
- Discover how to protect and save your slides
- Set your document's Properties and Attributes including Subject, Title and Author
Unit 2 - PowerPoint Document Creation
- Explore the different parts of the PowerPoint slide navigation
- Understand slides and templates and their makeup
- Learn how to populate, format and present slides
- Create multiple slides and templates
- Learn how to insert comments and professionally edit
Unit 3 - Advanced Features and Functionality
- Create and manage slides
- Learn to organize into sections
- Create "live" connections between slides and Excel worksheets
- Create effective and informative slides with tables and charts
Unit 4 - PowerPoint Management and Sharing
- Create meaningful file names and understand filing systems to manage PowerPoint documents
- Organize your documents on your hard drive and learn how to copy and move documents
- Manage track changes when co-authoring documents
- Printing and PDF file creation including print settings
Gain the skills to create professional and eye-catching presentations that will captivate your audience and help you stand out.
Know how to effectively use the critical features of PowerPoint, including graphics, charts, and multimedia, to tell a compelling story.
Get hands-on experience with creating interactive presentations that will engage your audience and keep them interested. Have the confidence to deliver presentations with impact, using techniques to engage your audience and deliver your message effectively.
Possess the knowledge to use PowerPoint to showcase your data and information, making it easy for your audience to understand and retain key points.
Learn the skills to design and structure presentations that are clear, concise, and easily understood, helping you to communicate your ideas effectively.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.