Course DescriptionWorkplace violence has been on the rise, leading to an increased need for violence prevention programs to protect workers and others in public and private settings. Employers are required to provide their employees with a place of employment that is “free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm," according to OSHA. This course provides employees with strategies on how to respond to an active shooter incident and applies to all types of workplace settings, including business offices, factories, hospitality/service industries, and buildings.
- Define the different types and levels of workplace violence, and active shooter incidents.
- Worker Rights and OSHA regulation and expectation of employers.
- Characteristics of possible warning signs of a potentially violent employee.
- Initial response to an active shooting incident.
- Strategies of run, hide, fight response.
- Response by law enforcement and what to do.
- Suggested strategies for workplace violence prevention programs.
- Collaboration with local law enforcement agencies.
- Training and support resources for employees related to workplace violence prevention, and post-incident Employee Assistance Programming.
- Understand the different types and levels of workplace violence, and active shooter incidents.
- Identify possible warning signs of a potentially violent employee.
- Know how to react based on their individual circumstance; run, hide, or fight.
- Understand how and why law enforcement will respond and manage an active shooting incident.
- Know how to react when law enforcement arrives.
- Understand the need for an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) for the workplace.
- Find training and support resources for employees related to workplace violence.
Related Course RecommendationsFor Live-Online courses, students must have video capabilities to reinforce attendance and participation requirements.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.