Course DescriptionWhat is considered a hazardous energy? Most think it involves electrical sources of energy, but hazardous energy can come in the form of steam from an uncontrolled pipe, large machinery designed to cut or crush something, conveyor belts, or any kind of equipment being repaired with exposed electrical wiring. This class will cover the practices and procedures used to power off and disable machinery to prevent injuries during service or maintenance of equipment from all sources of energy, including electricity, and increase Hazard awareness.
- Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Recognize the potential hazards when working with electrically powered machinery, or other equipment that could potentially cause injury if not properly shut down prior to performing maintenance.
- Devices used for Lockout/Tagout.
- Know the OSHA rules, regulations and other industry standards relating to the control of control of hazardous energy and Lockout/Tagout.
- Identify the impact of uncontrolled energy.
- Identify energy sources.
- Knowledge of basic Lockout/Tagout safety procedures, and hazards.
- Identify the impact of exposure to electrical hazards.
- Recognize potential hazards related to working with electrically powered machinery, or other equipment that could potentially cause injury if not properly shut down prior to performing maintenance.
- Know the OSHA rules, regulations and other industry standards relating to electricity and Lockout/Tagout.
- Identify controls to prevent exposure to workplace injuries.
- Familiarity with the difference between Authorized vs. Affected employees.
- Identify non-electrical sources of potentially hazardous energy - such as steam.
- Identify devices used for Lockout/Tagout.
- Knowledge of Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
Related Course RecommendationsFor Live-Online courses, students must have video capabilities to reinforce attendance and participation requirements.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.