Course DescriptionElectrical current can be very dangerous and even fatal. According to national workplace injury data from OSHA, electrocution is number three of the “Fatal Four” The Most Common Causes of Construction Site Deaths. In this class, students are taught to understand the basics of electricity, what the various types of electrical hazards are, how to recognize electrical hazards in their workplace, and OSHA rules and regulations. Students will receive the working knowledge necessary to recognize electrical hazards, and how to prevent injuries in the workplace.
- Discuss the basics of electricity
- Distinguish various types of hazards in your workplace
- Understand the OSHA rules, regulations and other industry standards relating to electrical hazards
- Recognize electrical hazards at your workplace
- Tools to inspect work areas for potential electrical hazards.
- Conduct a baseline electrical safety inspection of your workplace
- Identify actions that can be taken to correct and prevent electrical hazards
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Identify the impact of exposure to electrical hazards.
- Recognize potential electrical hazards
- Know the OSHA rules, regulations and other industry standards relating to electricity.
- Identify controls to prevent exposure to electrical exposure.
- Identify other sources of energy.
Related Course RecommendationsFor Live-Online courses, students must have video capabilities to reinforce attendance and participation requirements.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.