With the rise of COVID-19, the need for having a clear understanding of what the disease is, how it can be transmitted, and best practices for protecting the public and decreasing its spread, training and awareness is critical. In this course, students will also learn about different infectious diseases, how they are transmitted, and safety procedures to promote safe workplace environments. The class also covers worker rights, workplace safety standards, and laws that are in place to protect employees.
- Discuss the basics of infectious disease
- Distinguish various types of infectious diseases in your workplace
- Understand the OSHA rules, regulations and other industry standards relating to infectious disease
- Recognize risks of infectious disease in the workplace
- Conduct a general inspection of your workplace for gaps in safety protocol
- Identify actions that can be taken to correct and prevent the spread and or exposure to infectious diseases
- Basic knowledge of infectious diseases
- Identify the impact of exposure to infectious diseases in the workplace
- Recognize potential risks to exposure of infectious diseases
- Know the OSHA rules, regulations and other industry standards relating to infectious disease
- Identify procedures to prevent exposure and spread of infectious disease
Related Course RecommendationsFor Live-Online courses, students must have video capabilities to reinforce attendance and participation requirements.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.