You really can make money with your writing. Whether you want to create your own business, add to your income, supplement your retirement, or boost what you're earning as a writer, you'll find the how-to's here. You'll learn secrets, methods, and tips to help you generate income with your writing. This class includes all the practical information that so rarely gets taught in writing classes. Making money is the focus of the lessons. You'll explore a dozen genres that can help you establish a sometime, part-time, or full-time career as a writer. Along the way, you'll learn methods to work faster, suffer less rejection, and bring home more bacon. Fulfilling (and lucrative) writing work is waiting for you!
What you will learn
- Find out what it takes to be a paid writer
- Understand what a writer's life is really like, and learn how to deal with rejection
- Learn tips for self-editing and productive researching
- Find out how to submit queries and land feature writing assignments for magazines and e-zines
- Develop a working knowledge of writing novels and nonfiction books, what the publishers are looking for, and how to submit writing
- Understand what it means to be a ghostwriter, how to find clients, and how to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with your clients
- Gain knowledge of the business side of writing as it pertains to advances, royalties, letters of commitment and intent, invoices, and releases
How you will benefit
- Become more efficient in your writing time management and learn how to market your products like a pro
- Understand the ins and outs of writing for money and become more confident in your ability to succeed
- Develop a new career path as you successfully learn to make money from your writing
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.