Course DescriptionTableau® offers tools to connect to and transform massive amounts of data into visualizations, dashboards and interactive worksheets. Learn how to identify and configure basic functions of Tableau. Create views and customize data visualizations. Create maps, dashboards, and stories. This course is intended for individuals using desktop or web-based data management tools to perform numerical data analysis. Experience using Excel and an understanding of database design concepts is recommended.
- Identify and configure basic functions of Tableau.
- Connect to data sources, import data into Tableau, and save Tableau files.
- Create views and customize data in visualizations.
- Manage, sort, and group data.
- Save and share data sources and workbooks.
- Filter data in views.
- Customize visualizations with annotations, highlights, and advanced features.
- Create maps, dashboards, and stories.
"As my first introduction into data visualization, this was a great experience as it was presented well [thorough and with humor!], and truly encourages me to continue exploring this avenue. Having a book to follow along with, the ability to practice at home, and an instructor who had real world experience to answer questions were most beneficial." Maricela Mejia
"The course textbook was very detailed. The instructor was well versed in using, teaching, and explaining Tableau. I appreciated the step by step instruction and walk-through activities. Appreciate that we are able to access Tableau from home to continue to explore and grow more familiar with the product. I am so grateful and impressed that this course was offered at Harper. Tableau is a very well sought after product. In turn, experience and knowledge of using Tableau is even more sought after!" Samantha Schenk