Experience freedom from pain, stress, trauma and tension by retraining your nervous system with Hanna Somatic Movement Education. These natural, gentle, safe movements help maximize flexibility, strength and balance restoring freedom of movement. Somatic Education in the Tradition of Thomas Hanna is a system of neuromuscular education, mind body training, that enables you to enjoy freedom from pain and more comfortable movement for the rest of your life.
- Brief history of Somatic Education.
- Determine specific issues students would like to address during the course.
- Teach people to always move slowly, in comfort, with the least amount of effort and always following any personal medical directives.
- Diaphragmatic breathing,
- Seated chair movements for neck & hips,
- Pelvis and lower back movements while lying down.
Week 2 - 6
- Review previous movements in each class and making any necessary corrections.
- Introduce one or two new movements each week.
- Teach people how to adapt movements to their work environment, lifestyle and particular needs, while developing a deeper internal awareness of posture and holding patterns.
Jacqui Neurauter is certified as a teacher in Somatic Movement Education.
Since the movements in this class are practiced both sitting, and lying on the floor, it is important that you have enough mobility to be able to lay down and rise up. Bring a mat or blanket and one or two pillows for comfort.
- Learn basic principles of how Hanna Somatic Exercises changes the muscular system by changing the central nervous system that becomes compromised resulting in what Thomas Hanna refers to as sensory-motor amnesia.
- Gain a deeper internal awareness of their body, including postural and habitual holding patterns contributing to stiffness and pain.
- Learn a series of simple, gentle and slow movements to help release various constricted muscles.
- Empower students to establish their own practice as they enjoy the newfound freedom, ease and comfort that ensues.
Instructor, Jacqui Neurauter is certified as a teacher in Somatic Movement Education.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.