Over the past several years, CBD (Cannabidiol) has become so popular that it is now in every imaginable product. It is being used for everything from pain to anxiety, depression to sleep, gastrointestinal problems and neurological issues. In this introductory seminar, you will learn the basics about the plant cannabinoid CBD and it's potential for your mind-body health. Although both medical marijuana and hemp contain CBD - we'll focus on the hemp plant in this seminar, given its federal legal status with the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill.
Please note that this class is not a replacement for medical attention by a health care professional as required for acute or chronic disease.
This program will include:
- A brief overview of hemp and CBD's discovery and history
- Your body's endocannabinoid system and its impact on whole body balance, as well as disease
- What hemp extract/CBD is and its different forms - full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate
- Sourcing the highest quality hemp extract/CBD product - the importance of Certificates of Analysis or COA's (third party lab results)
- Methods for using hemp extract/CBD - tinctures, gel capsules, topicals, etc.
- Determining strength and proper dosing
- Medical contraindications
- Q & A time