Course DescriptionWhether you are a new HR professional or perform HR responsibilities in a non-HR role, this is the ideal workshop for you! In this practical, interactive course, acquire an understanding of the Human Resource profession. Learn from a seasoned HR professional, who will help you gain essential knowledge on HR roles and tasks and provide you with critical insights on how Human Resources supports the organization.
Role of HR in an Organization
Recruitment & Selection
Compensation & Benefits
Training & Development
Safety, Health & Security
- Understand the Seven HR Functions: Talent Acquisition & Staffing; Compensation & Benefits; Learning & Development; Performance Management; Employment Law and Safety & Risk Management
- Understand the structure of an HR department and how HR aligns to Organizational goals
- Identify the different HR Roles
- Comprehend Employment Regulations and Discrimination
- Understand what HR Planning consists of: Succession Planning and Career Pathing; Mergers and Acquisitions; Downsizing, RIFS, Furloughs, Layoffs; Job Analysis, Specifications and Descriptions.
- Understand Recruitment and Selection approaches: Sourcing Formats, Recruitment Effectiveness, Interviewing, Selection Methods
- Understand Compensation Systems and Benefits
- Understand the role of Training and Development within an organization
- Comprehend what Employee Relations consists of (Employee Engagement, Organized Labor, Grievances/Discipline.
- Understand Safe, Health and Security practices within in organization to include: OSHA standards, Employee Wellness and Assistance programs, and Risk Management
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.