Explore the fundamentals of becoming an effective manager. Examine effective methods of communication, problem solving, delegation, and motivation. Understand the different roles involved on the team, develop capabilities of all team members, and address issues as soon as they surface. Individuals taking this course may be business professionals who are either at the managerial level or, are interested in becoming team leaders. General end-user computer, Microsoft Office and Internet skills recommended.
Lesson 1: Developing as a Manager
Identify Effective Manager Roles
Develop Personal Skills
Lesson 2: Communicating Successfully
Communicate Without Talking
Manage Better by Listening
Assert to Achieve
Lesson 3: Cultivating Great Teams
Create an Invincible Team
Inspire Team Success
Run Team Meetings
Resolve Conflicts Positively
Lesson 4: Empowering Your Workgroup
Delegate for Results
Coach for Achievement
Optimize Staff Performance
Lesson 5: Creating Successful Solutions to Problems
Identify and Define the Problem
Determine the Root Cause
Identify a Solution
Implement Solutions Decisively
- Determine roles a manager must fill on a team, and explore the key areas of personal development
- Discover how to detect silent messages through body language and other means of nonverbal communication
- Boost your listening skills through active listening
- Discover stages of team development and how to motivate your team
- Examine the need for regular team meetings and how to resolve conflict
- Empower a workgroup through delegation and coaching, and optimize staff performance
- Discover approaches of identifying problems and determining their root cause
- Explore techniques to identify and implement solutions effectively
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.