LCT0066 - Database Design
Introduces the process for effectively planning and designing a functional, efficient database. Learn the steps in designing a relational database, including gathering requirements, data modeling, and planning implementation. Course prepares for more advanced training in database technologies such as Transact-SQL. Concepts are not specific to a particular software application and can be applied to any relational database management system.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Relational Database Design
- Identify Database Components
- Identify Common Database Design Problem
- Follow a Database Design Process
- Gather Requirements
- Lesson 2: Defining the Database Conceptual Model
- Create the Conceptual Model
- Identify Entity Relationships
- Lesson 3: Defining the Database Logical Model
- Identify Columns
- Identify Primary Keys
- Identify and Diagram Relationships
- Lesson 4: Normalizing Data
- Avoid Common Database Design Errors
- Comply with Higher Normal Forms
- Lesson 5: Finalizing the Database Design
- Adapt the Physical Model for Different Systems
- Ensure Referential Integrity
- Ensure Data Integrity at the Column Level
- Ensure Data Integrity at the Table Level
- Design for the Cloud
- Follow an efficient process for designing a relational database.
- Define the database conceptual model.
- Define the database logical model.
- Apply database normalization methods to improve the initial design of a database.
- Complete the database design, including controls to ensure its referential integrity and data integrity.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.