Mobile devices continue to grow in importance in managing our personal and business lives. As such, it makes them particularly vulnerable to attacks and how to defend against them. This course is an excellent starting point to understand the different types of mobile devices, understand the risks associated with mobile devices, develop a list of ways to secure mobile devices, learn how to apply mobile device app security, and learn how to implement BYOD security.
This course not only covers the fundamentals of mobile security, but also provides a hands-on experience through the use of live virtual machine labs, lab simulations, and case projects. Hands-on projects will have you create and use QR codes, use software to locate a missing laptop, and install an Android emulator to test different antimalware tools.
|F.||Mobile Device Removable Storage|
|A.||Limited Physical Security|
|B.||Connecting to Public Networks|
|D.||Installing Unsecured Applications|
|E.||Accessing Untrusted Content|
|F.||Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Risks|
|B.||Device and App Management|
|C.||Device Loss or Theft|
|V. BYOD Security|
|VII. Lab Simulations|
|VIII. Live Virtual Machine Lab|
|X. Final Exam|
Learn the fundamentals of mobile security
Hands-on experience in mobile security with labs and simulations
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.