Course DescriptionLearn to give CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Learn to deal with cardiac arrest and choking for victims from birth to adulthood. This American Heart Association course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements. Upon successful completion, you will receive a Heartsaver® CPR AED card that is valid for two years and meets the OSHA standard for first aid training in general industry. This course is not intended for clinical healthcare professionals. If you need CPR to work in a clinical healthcare setting, please see CPR Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association, LCP0002.
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups