Did you know, in 2018 there were 791 fatalities due to falls? Learning to identify, evaluate and control fall hazards is an important part of a worker’s overall safety training. This course will focus on falls to a lower level and include recognizing, analyzing and preventing fall hazards utilizing OSHA’s Fall Protection Standards. Identifying fall hazards and determining how to protect workers is the first step to abatement.
- What is a fall hazard?
- Steps to protect employees.
- Hazard identification.
- Prevention of fall-related injuries.
- Falls to the same level and falls to lower levels including ladders and stairs.
- Trip hazard prevention.
- Steps to protect employees.
- Promote your fall protection program.
- Recognize fall hazards and risks.
- Differentiate between the two types of falls.
- Apply ladder safety principles.
- Use the eight-step approach to fall protection.
- Calculate the total fall clearance distance.
Harper College is a proud recipient of the Susan Harwood Training Grant!
Harper College is offering FREE Safety Awareness Courses to workers employed by a small business with 2-250 employees within the U.S.
Susan Harwood Training Grants provide training and education for workers and employers on workplace safety and health hazards, responsibilities and rights.
- Courses will be highly interactive and taught by experienced safety professionals and Occupational Health and Safety Outreach Trainers.
- Participants will receive class material and electronic badge and certificate for completing the entire course.
Government employees are ineligible to participate due to grant regulations (Local/City/Municipality, County, State or Federal).
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-05168-SH9 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Fall Hazard Awareness In Construction and General Industry : Safety Training Awareness
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.