Course DescriptionAdobe Illustrator has many features for increasing your artistic expression in a digital format. This course teaches the basics in creating illustrations and applying enhancements such as color and font types to your design. Offers options for handling multi-page documents by managing the flow of text, making global edits to both text and graphics, breaking up content into columns and creating graphic hierarchy. The course will wrap up with a review on gradients, creating blends and applying patterns. Note: A (1GB or larger) USB flash drive is recommended to save coursework. Prerequisite: Introduction Adobe Illustrator CC or equivalent experience
- Creating an Illustration
- Color Enhancement
- Adding and Formatting Type and Text
- Creating and Editing Layers
- Gradients, Blends, and Patterns
- Continuing Education Adobe CC courses are accelerated and offered in an Apple Macintosh environment. It is recommended you have experience using an Apple Macintosh computer and are familiar with the OSX environment to succeed in the course.
- To access Adobe CC software, Adobe is requiring students to create a fee Adobe ID to login and use any of the Adobe Applications in Harper Classrooms or Labs.
How do I Create a Free Adobe ID?
- Go to Adobe Accounts (https://account.adobe.com/) and click Get an Adobe ID.
- Fill out the required fields (First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Password, and Date of Birth) and then click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email from Adobe to verify the email address. This email will be sent to the email identified in Step 2.
- Once you have verified your email address you will be able use your Adobe ID in Harper’s Classrooms and Labs.
- Intermediate and Advanced level courses use the same book used in the Introduction level course. If you are by-passing the Introduction level course, you must purchase your book prior to the first day of class. Please check section notes for book information.