Did you know that slips, trips, and falls are the leading cause of accidents on the job? Additionally, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), 8% of them are fatal! This interactive class, led by an OSHA Outreach Trainer, covers recognizing risk factors AND controlling slip, trip and fall hazards. Workers, managers, and supervisors are encouraged to attend.
Course Outline Includes:
- Identify the impact of slips, trips and falls in your workplace, including injuries, lost production and reduced employee confidence.
- Learn OSHA rules, regulations and other industry standards related to slips, trips, and falls.
- Detect the key areas in an organization that contain slip, trip, and fall hazards.
- Conduct a baseline slip, trip, and fall evaluation of YOUR workplace.
- Select controls for your organization related to slips, trips, and falls.
- Identify actions you can take to identify risks and prevent slips, trips and falls when you return to your job
Susan Harwood Training Grant classes are highly interactive and taught by experience safety professionals and Occupational Safety and Health Outreach Trainers. Participants receive class materials and an electronic badge upon completion of the class.
Harper College is a proud recipient of the OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant which provides FREE training and education for workers and small employers on workplace safety and health hazards, responsibilities and rights
Government employees are not eligible to participate due to grant regulations (Local/City/Municipality, County, State or Federal).
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-05168-SH9 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls: A Program for Small Businesses : Safety Awareness Training