Did you know that slips, trips, and falls are the leading cause of accidents on the job? Additionally, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), 8% of them are fatal! This interactive class, led by an OSHA Outreach Trainer, covers recognizing risk factors AND controlling slip, trip and fall hazards. Workers, managers, and supervisors are encouraged to attend.
Course Outline Includes:
- Identify the impact of slips, trips and falls in your workplace, including injuries, lost production and reduced employee confidence.
- Learn OSHA rules, regulations and other industry standards related to slips, trips, and falls.
- Detect the key areas in an organization that contain slip, trip, and fall hazards.
- Conduct a baseline slip, trip, and fall evaluation of YOUR workplace.
- Select controls for your organization related to slips, trips, and falls.
- Identify actions you can take to identify risks and prevent slips, trips and falls when you return to your job
Susan Harwood Training Grant classes are highly interactive and taught by experience safety professionals and Occupational Safety and Health Outreach Trainers. Participants receive class materials and an electronic badge upon completion of the class.
Harper College is a proud recipient of the OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant which provides FREE training and education for workers and employers in workplace safety and health hazards.
Government employees are not eligible to participate due to grant regulations (Local/City/Municipality, County, State or Federal). The intended audience includes:
- Supervisors and Managers
- Employees and Workers
- Unemployed Workers who intend to re-enter the workforce
- New Businesses
- Limited English Proficiency Workers
- Low Literacy Workers
- Young Workers
- Temporary Workers
- Minority and other hard-to-reach workers
- Workers in high-hazard industries with high fatality rates
- Government Employees who are responsible for occupational safety and health duties at their agencies
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-05168-SH9 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls: A Program for Small Businesses : Safety Awareness Training
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.