This 6-week class will introduce you to delicious, high quality and easy to make Gluten Friendly* Desserts! Gluten-free diets are more popular than ever, but many people find themselves missing their favorite desserts. This class offers tutorials on recipes for delicious alternatives to your favorite glutenous goodies! We will be preparing: Frosted Deep Dish Brownies, Cherry Scones with Lime Curd, Lemon Squares and Chocolate Chip Cookies, Fruit Crisp and Crunchy Granola, Pineapple Bars and Banana Foster and Flourless Chocolate Cake and Ganache.
*While this class will not cook using ingredients with gluten, this class will NOT be taught in a certified gluten-free kitchen facility. Cross-contamination is a possibility and is therefore not recommended for those sensitive to gluten-cross contamination.
Materials will be provided including a typed recipe for your own notebook and a carryout container for finished product.
- Focus will be on gluten free baking and demonstration of baking techniques
- Review of safety and sanitation practices in the kitchen
- Learn the importance of eliminating cross-contamination
- Safety review of equipment we will be using for each class
- How to read standardized recipes and evaluate finished products
- Identify and select ingredient options for gluten-free baking and why they work
- Apply learned techniques and ingredient alternatives for gluten-free baking
- Prepare a variety of delicious baked goods using gluten-free alternatives
- Know how to safely clean and sanitize dishes and workspace
If a student has food allergies or dietary restrictions, please inform the instructor
Mandatory Dress Code: Closed toed shows, hair tied back, hat or hairnet