Acquire a well-rounded knowledge of the five Project Management Processes relating to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide. This basic information will assist you in learning the beginnings of Project Management, whether you are interested in project management, in a project management field, or in any line of work. Come away with a solid foundation of the five processes to learn and use when any type of project occurs in your employment arena.
Login information will be sent to your email three days prior to the start of class.
About Your Instructor
Christina Martinez holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication from Regis College, a Master of Arts & Administration in Organizational Development and an MBA certificate in IT Project Management from the University of the Incarnate Word. She is a Certified Online Instructor and an ETA International certified analyst. Her experience expands between IT Project Management Support and working in Project Management Office (PMO) divisions as an Administrator and/or Corporate Trainer for Fortune 50 corporations and IT Firms. She thoroughly enjoys and prefers the education & training development in Project Management because she likes to provide students awareness in how the basic foundation of Project Management will assist their careers in any field. She currently works as an Administrator providing Project Management support.
Project Management Process Welcome & Initiating Process Group
-What is Project Management
-What is a Process
-Initiating Process Group
Planning Process Group
-Developing the Project Management Plan
-Planning for desired project objectives
Executing Process Group and Monitoring & Controlling Process Group
-What differs between Executing and Monitoring & Controlling process groups
-Analysis and risks
-When to make changes and how
Closing Process Group & Farewell
-How to be aware of what should be thought of when closing a project
-Review of lessons learned and why it is important
-Review acknowledgement of all five process groups
- The student will be well versed in the five processes of project management so they may be able to better understand when working in any kind of project setting.
- The student will have better understanding of what projects really are and how to appropriately handle them no matter their position or role in the project.
- The student will have better grasp why organization and analysis is so important when working with or on projects.
- This course will provide students with a well-rounded knowledge of the five Project Management Processes relating to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide.
- This basic information will assist students interested in project management, in a project management field, or in any line of work.
- The course will provide a solid foundation of the five processes for students to learn and use when projects occur in their work habitat.
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges