Take away a practical strategy and techniques for implementing social networks for your organization or business. Learn how to create your own private social network using Ning, work socially using Google Docs and calendars, and move your website to an interactive Web 2.0 site. Your instructor will help you choose which social network tools are right for your situation, and then integrate them into your website to develop a social networking strategy for your organization.
Login information will be sent to your email address three days prior to the start of class.
About the Instructor
Jennifer Selke is a nationally known expert, speaker and consultant in the area of social media. She is a faculty member in the University of California Berkeley Graduate School of Education and is affiliated with the Berkeley Center for New Media. She received her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from U.C. Berkeley.
Jennifer is a licensed educational psychologist in private practice. Her technology interests have taken her into the blogging and social media world where she runs a popular blog. She speaks at national conferences on the subject of social networks, writes articles on the subject, and conducts webinars for professionals on the topic.
Course OutlineUnit 1. Running a Community and Creating Your Own Social Network Using Ning
Top 5 Considerations When Starting a Social Network
What Goes into Build a Great Social Network
What is Ning and How to Use the Platform
Examples of Companies Using Ning
What tools and platforms will help get content on the web
Unit 4: Developing a Manageable Work Flow: Time, Resources, Policies, and Trends
Developing a Manageable Work Flow
Time and Resources: How do you know where to spend your time?
Target Social Media Influencers to Boost Traffic and Sales
Is Your Company Ready for Social Media or Are They Holding You Back?
Trends - What's Next or Are We Still Working on Last Year's Trends?
Social Media Policies and Planning For A Crisis
Learner OutcomesUpon successful completion of this course you will:
- Be able to create your own private social media using Ning
- Be able to work socially using existing resources such as Google Docs and calendars
- Move your web site to an interactive Web 2.0 site
- Select the best social media tools for your business
- Develop a strategic plan for implementation of a social media initiative
- To give students knowledge about how social media should function within an organization
- To provide the necessary tools for creating and implementing a social media strategy
- To provide direction on how to facilitate smooth integration of social media into existing marketing and communication strategies
- To provide guidelines for evaluating which social media are most appropriate within your business setting
Testimonials"By taking these classes I’ve been better able to sell them to potential students!" - Cynthia Parish
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Social Media for Business Digital Badge : Required Courses