Every successful person in the workplace utilizes financial information to aid effective decision making. Learn the financial concepts and accounting processes used in most businesses. Focus on practical techniques that will increase your effectiveness and career, such as understanding the seven steps in the accounting cycle and using financial information in decision making. Come away with the knowledge to analyze resource allocation and evaluate financial performance.
Login information will be sent to your email three days prior to the start of class.
Introduction to Accounting
Learner OutcomesAfter taking this course, you will:
- Know financial terminology and accounting concepts.
- Understand the accounting cycle.
- Understand debits and credits as well as journals.
- Know how to create and interpret financial statements.
- Know how budgets are built.
- Have information on reading financial reports and understanding the financial picture.
- Understand the art of finance and accounting - the terminology and the processes.
- Understand the content and presentation of financial statements.
- Learn that profit is not equal to cash and the importance of cash.
Understand why budgets are used as a management tool and how they are built.
Learn how to read and analyze the accounting numbers.
Testimonials“I found the course material and course facilitator very helpful and insightful. I would recommend this course to a friend looking to get a solid handle on Accounting and Finance. Thank you for offering this course and having such an engaged teacher on board to instruct it!” Steven Craig, Lakeville, MN
Applies Towards the Following Digital Badges
- Digital Badge in Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers : Required Courses