Learn new chords, bass runs, arpeggios, and how to use a capo. Explore different rhythms and pick simple melodies. Before taking Guitar 2, you should be able to play basic open chords in the keys of A, D, E, and G, smoothly without losing the beat. Bring your own guitar, guitar picks, spare set of strings, a three ring notebook and dividers, and your guitar book.
Students will leave with the following:
-Basic open position chords: A, D, E, G, C, Am, Em, A7, B7, D7, E7, G7
- Play single notes and simple guitar licks
- Strumming in 4/4, and 3/4 time
- Basic chord progressions (I-IV-V) in the keys of A, D, G, and E
- Learn how to read a “lead sheet”
Our guitar program is designed for every level player. Whether a complete beginner, self-taught, or advanced, we will help you improve your musicianship. The foundation of our program are the GUITAR 1, 2, and 3 classes. As you move through these classes you’ll progressively add more chords and technique. You can apply those skills in our GUITAR: SONG REPERTOIRE 1, 2, and 3. With each you’ll add songs to your song bag, build artistry and refine your performance skills.
Books and Instruments:
- We use the same Songbook in all three levels of the classes, and we use it extensively.
Purchase the Mel Bay's Modern Guitar Method: Grade 1 or Grade 2.
- Need an instrument? Guitars are available for rent or purchase at www.jcguitars.com.