The Advanced RiderCourse (ARC) is designed for people who want to improve their riding skills beyond the level of our other course offerings.
The classroom portion will help you:
- To understand that safety is a choice.
- Self-assess the choices you make while riding.
- Understand the difference between your risk taking level and riding skill (risk offset).
- Further develop your observation and perception skills.
- Learn about various cornering techniques in order to increase your personal safety margin.
The riding exercises will help you:
- Further refine your braking skills
- Further refine your cornering skills.
- Practice different body positions to help increase your safety margin.
- Practice trail braking to help increase your safety margin.
You will ride your own street legal, two-wheeled motorcycle in this course and you will be required to show proof of insurance, current license registration, and written permission of the owner if using a borrowed motorcycle for this course.
During the COVID-19 pandemic all students must comply with the Required Riding Gear and additionally will be required to wear either a mask or a snap on shield on the helmet while on the training range. It is suggested that you bring your own helmet if possible however, helmets will be issued, for the duration of the class, to students who do not have their own helmet.
You must also provide:
- A DOT approved helmet (1/2 helmets meeting FMVSS 218 standards are acceptable, novelty helmet are not)
- See this site for more information on helmets
- a long-sleeved shirt or jacket.
- long pants (heavy material with straight legs and no holes).
- sturdy over-the-ankle footwear (not cloth or canvas).
- full-fingered gloves (leather preferred).
- eye protection (glasses, goggles, or face shield).
|William Rainey Harper College - Main campus|
|1200 W. Algonquin Rd., Palatine, IL 60067|