Teaches how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance abuse disorders. Provides the skills needed to provide initial support to an individual who may be developing a mental health or a substance problem and help connect them to the appropriate care. This course is intended for Employers, Police Officers, Hospital Staff, First Responders, Faith Leaders, Community Members and Caring Individuals. The program is offered in partnership with Linden Oaks Behavioral Health group and is taught by a certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor. Special note: Participants will complete a 2-hour, self-paced online course prior to the In-Person Instructor Led class. Registration will close 2-week prior to the start date of the course so it is suggested to register in advance to ensure that you have a seat in the class. There will be no exceptions for late registrations.
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care
- Participants will complete a 2-hour, self-paced online course prior to the In-Person Instructor Led class.
- Registration will close 2-week prior to the start date of the course so it is suggested to register in advance to ensure that you have a seat in the class. There will be no exceptions for late registrations.
Make every day count. Discover your passions. Advance your career. Play and learn.
I started a new job as a graphic and web designer and the digital badge I got was part of the reason they chose to hire me. I couldn't have done it without you!
David is a truly amazing teacher who makes learning the harmonica lots of fun. His enthusiasm is contagious and he has a heart of gold.
The Writing Salon was so much more than a writing class. The experience was energetic, enthusiastic and supportive. I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to develop their skills as a writer!
As always, your Spanish classes are packed with new information about the language. You make it easy to learn Spanish and keep it very interesting. Thank you!
I have participated in many LLI classes over the past two years. Gary is a terrific discussion facilitator and brings excellent background knowledge to our classes. I'm learning so much about Foreign Policy.
Just want to let you know how much I enjoyed your class. Hope you will have more classes since I am a novice in the wine area and am anxious to learn.