Your Classroom on Wheels
The Harper College Mobile Unit is a state-of-the-art computer classroom on wheels, ready to travel to your location and provide online testing, workforce development, or community outreach services to your company or organization.
To discuss how the Mobile Unit can support your training, testing or event support projects, please call us at 847.925.6066 or email to email@example.com.
Come and See the Mobile Unit
- Wednesday, September 19, 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 17, 3 p.m.
Harper Professional Center, 650 E. Higgins Road, Schaumburg
The Mobile Unit is Versatile
- Conduct learning and testing events at remote sites.
- Provide Internet access at outreach events, job fairs, conferences and trade shows.
- Provide skills training when you need more space.
- Do certification testing on-site for employees or prospective new hires.
- Facilitate processing a large group at career and recruiting fairs or compliance seminars.
- Deploy event support for emergency response assistance, adult education programs, or community
- outreach and partnership events.
The Mobile Unit is a Powerhouse
- 13 computer workstations:
- Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
- Flat-screen monitors, networked printing
- One ADA-compliant workstation.
- An interview room with workstation and privacy door.
- 55” SMART Board Interactive Flat Panel.
- 12.5 kilowatt generator.
- Climate-controlled environmental system.
- ADA-compliant wheelchair lift.
- Retractable awning.
- GPS instrumentation.
- Audio/video system.
- Internet connectivity up to 4G speeds.
- Laser Printer.
- Complete facilities for workforce certification testing, online assessments, career guidance services, and job recruitment programs for both employers and job seekers.
"Harper College’s Computer Classroom on Wheels truly enhanced our Maker Day event. Brian engaged participants of all ages, providing each and every one with an entertaining computer experience. I can’t wait to have the Mobile Unit back!" Elk Grove Village Public Library
"The staff were raving about the session!" Barrington Area Library
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Harper College Mobile Unit look like inside?
The Mobile Unit is a computer lab on wheels. Student workstations are angled towards flat-screen panels where instructors can project presentations and demonstrations. One ADA-compliant student workstation and a private interview room round out the unit's facilities. To schedule a tour, please call 847.925.6066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How big is the Mobile Unit?
40 feet long, 12.5 feet high, and 8.5 feet wide. Parking space to accommodate a 40-foot vehicle is required. The Unit weighs in at about 26,000 pounds.
Are there restroom facilities on the Mobile Unit?
No, so keep this in mind when planning your event.
Can food or beverages be brought into the Mobile Unit?
No. A small refrigerator is available for bottled water. But no other beverages or food items will be allowed on the Mobile Unit.
Can I schedule an event to happen the same day of each month?
Yes, if prior commitments allow.
How do I reserve the Mobile Unit?
Submit our online request form and work with our staff to iron out the details.
How much will it cost to have the Mobile Unit at our site?
For rental information, please call us at 847.925.6066 or email to email@example.com.
The Harper Mobile Unit was purchased with DOL TAACCCT funds.