Motorcycle Safety Training in Northern Illinois Is Administered by Harper College
All Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) Motorcycle Safety Training Courses for Cook County and Northern Illinois are administered by Harper College. There is no charge for any of the courses, however, a refundable $20 deposit is collected at registration.
Courses are held at more than fifteen sites across Chicago and Northern Illinois. Find the most convenient training sites for you on the map and follow the enrollment instructions. Each training site offers the Basic Rider Course. In addition, some sites offer Intermediate and Advanced courses.
- As of July 30, 2018, all motorcycle enrollments and fee payments are done online.
- To enroll, you will be required to create an account on this website and pay the $20 registration fee with a credit/debit card.
- If no courses are currently available, check back for updates or create your account and you will be notified by email when a course is ready for enrollment.
FALL ENROLLMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Get ready: Select and left-click a location from the list below under Courses. You will see which courses are offered at that site. Click on the course you want.
- Get set: Review the dates of the sections that are available. Select a section. If no sections are currently available, check back later for updates or request to be notified when the next section opens. To request a notification, create an account providing your email address.
- Go: Follow the steps to create an account, enroll, and pay the registration fee with your credit/debit card. That's it!
You will receive a receipt and acknowledgment of your enrollment at the email you provide when creating your account.
- Illinois residency is required. You must be an Illinois resident with a permanent address in Illinois to register for these courses.
- Waiver or Release of Liability must be submitted by all students at their first class session. Students under 18 should obtain a Waiver Form, have it signed by a parent or guardian, and bring it with them to the first class. Download the Waiver Form.
- Be on time! All classes start on time. If you are late, your place may be given to a walk-in or standby student. Don't be left out.
- Refund requests: When you complete your class, you may request a refund of the $20 fee, or you may choose to waive the refund and help make it possible for others to take the course. You must submit a refund request within 30 days of the end of class or forfeit the fee.
Download a Fact Sheet with more details about our Motorcycle Safety Training program.